I originally saw this on Chucks Day Off (Chuck Hughes) and it looked soooo good. I’ve made it quite a few times since then and it tastes great every time. And there are so many mushrooms you can use! The usual white and brown, crimini, portobello, but also lobster (bright red), enoki (clusters of thin mushrooms), and so many more. The warm olives and speck (proscuitto or bacon works fine) add a nice salty bite. And so quick and easy to make!
Warm Mushroom Salad
- Hearty dollop of butter
- Olive oil
- 4-5 c mushrooms cleaned (King Erengi, Shitake, Portobello, Chanterelles, Lobster, baby button, etc)
- 1/4 c chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 c mixed olives - whole green and kalamata
- Speck - prosciutto
- Fresh oregano
- Thick cut the larger mushrooms, keep the buttons ones whole.
- Melt the butter in a large pan, add oil so butter doesn't burn
- Add the mushrooms, gently tossing every couple minutes. Cook for 6-8 minutes
- Lightly salt, add pepper to taste
- Add stock and let simmer for about a minute
- Add oregano, speck, and olives and toss
- Let heat through and serve