I know what you’re thinking. Its what everyone thinks when you say you’re serving creamed corn. Trust me, its nothing like the glop you get outta the can. Its fresh, crisp, buttery, and a bit of field corn heaven.
I’ve gotten quite a few “I hate cream corn, but this is awesome!” types of comments. Quick to make and makes an excellent bbq dish.
- 1 cob of corn for each person
- Heavy cream / whipping cream
- Place the cob in a large bowl and cut the kernels off (you want a wide deep bowl because the kernels like to scatter)
- I like to microwave the kernels for about 5 minutes, to just get it to start softening. Don't nuke to mushiness!
- Place corn in pot and add cream so it just comes to the top of the corn.
- Add a hearty dollop of butter and salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer until the corn has just become cooked.
- End result should be creamy and buttery tasting with bursts of fresh corn as you chew.