When I was on Facebook today, I went through the days’ memories and I saw that 5 years ago, I made these. Now I love meringues, and couldn’t believe that I would let these slip by. Not only are they chocolate chip meringues, they are raspberry meringues – with chocolate chips of course. According to my memory, they were slightly tart from the raspberry jello and sweet from chocolate chips. Looking at the picture, I think raspberry meringues are on my “make sooner than later” list!
Thankfully I was able to find the recipe I used when digging through my emails. Unfortunately, I didn’t write how many meringues were made or how many chocolate chips I used. I’m assuming around a cup, but will update the recipe when I make them.
- 3 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 tablespoons raspberry Jell-O
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Beat egg whites with salt until foamy.
- Add Jell-O and sugar as you beat, beating until you form peaks.
- Add vinegar and gently mix.
- At this time fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Spoon or pipe into small circles on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with confetti sprinkles.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then turn oven off and allow to sit for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool completely.