You know those delicious lemon Greek potatoes that you get at a Greek restaurant, that are super tender,lemony, and perfect with a big scoop of tzatziki? I love those and they are so easy to make.
I know the recipe sounds like too much oil, but because there is quite a bit of lemon juice in it, the olive oil acts more like a braising liquid. The lemon juice soaks into the potatoes and cuts any greasy effects, and makes the potatoes devine.
Lemon Greek Potatoes
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano or a small handful of fresh oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3-4 crushed cloves of garlic
- 1/2 small onion sliced
- juice of 2 lemons add slices of one of the lemons
- S&P to taste
- 4 med potatoes quartered lengthwise
- Combine ingredients in a casserole dish, baking for half an hour at 350°F, then turn the potatoes, and bake for another half hour.