I love creamed peas. Almost as much as I love chicken wings. Not sure what it is, but its definitely a comfort food. And so easy to make! I can easily eat the whole portion, but shared this time around with the Hubby.
To make a low carb version, use a low carb thickener and use a vegetable such as spinach or leeks!
- 2 cups peas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- S&P to taste
- In a medium pot, cook the peas in a bit of water. About 5 minutes (you don't want mushy peas!)
- Drain the peas and put the pot back on the burner.
- Melt the butter and add the flour, stirring to make a roux.
- Add the milk and whisk to blend. Bring to a soft boil.
- Add the cheese and it should thicken very quickly.
- Stir in the peas and S&P to taste.