So I made a fish curry out of the bumbu chili paste I made earlier today and got the thumbs up not only from the Hubby, but also from myself. It was so good that I went and got a spoon so as to get more of the sauce with each bite. Definitely packed with flavour and suits seafood very well.
Bali Style Fish Curry
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup bumbu chili paste
- 1/2 cup stock
- 2 large basa fillets or seafood of choice
- 1 piece of lemongrass bruised
- 2 kafir lime leaves
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- In a large frying pan, heat a couple tablespoons of oil, once heated add the paste and fry until it becomes slightly golden brown.
- Add the stock and stir to mix.
- Place in the lemon grass and leaves and let simmer just until it begins to thicken.
- Add the fish and let cook for a minute or two, then gently flip over.
- Add the coconut milk and gently stir to mix.
- Once the fish has finished cooking, remove the kafir leaves and lemongrass and slide into a dish for serving.