I like to make my own yellow curry powder, when I have the time and the ingredients on hand. As usual, homemade tastes fresher and has your own unique flavour stamp.
Yellow Curry Powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole corriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (1/2 to 1)
- 6 whole green cardamom pods
- 1⁄2 inch cinnamon stick
- 6 whole cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 dried red chili (reshampatti)
- Toast all spices in a small frying pan until fragrant, but not burnt.
- Grind to a powder consistency in a spice grinder.
Cooking Is Like Love http://cookingislikelove.com/wp/
YELLOW CURRY POWDER