The Hubby is a huge fan of pancakes. Me, not so much. But when I do cave in and make him a batch, I like to use this recipe. They’re even great the next day cold as a snack! The key to making them that bit extra fluffy, is to whip the egg whites first and then fold them into the batter.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar or sweetener
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg separated
- Whip the egg white until firm peaks form.
- Combine all the other ingredients, whisking to mix.
- Fold in the egg whites until completely combined.
- Set the griddle to 375°F and use a 1/4 cup scoop. Flip pancakes over when bubbles have formed.