I just posted a comment on lamb on Facebook and realized I hadn’t transferred this recipe from GoodGrub. I thought I would do it before I forget and will grab the pictures tomorrow. This was an awesome way to do lamb! Not to mention the beans that tasted amazing after being slathered in seasoned drippings!
White & Navy Beans
- 2 large cans navy beans
- 1 large can white kidney beans
- 1 medium onion halved, then sliced thin
- 2 leeks sliced
- 6 pieces of bacon cut small
- Fresh sprigs of: oregano sage, rosemary, thyme, chopped small (about 4 to 5 tablespoons worth)
- 4 c vegetable stock
- In a pan, fry bacon pieces. Use slotted spoon and remove.
- Sauté the onion and leek with 1 tablespoon of mixed chopped herbs in bacon fat until soft.
- Add 1 heaping tablespoon of minced garlic. Sauté 1 more minute.
In the roaster put the following and stir to mix it all up
- The bacon
- The onion / leeks mix
- The cans of beans – including the juices!
- A couple small whole sprigs of each of the herbs
- Remaing tablespoons of chopped herbs
- 1 tablespoon all purpose rub
- S&P to taste
- Heat the bbq to medium heat and place roaster on bbq. Put a rack on top of the roast.
- Place lamb on top of the rack.
- Slow roast lamb for 2-4 hours (until desired doneness in regards to size of roast)
- Once done, wrap lamb in tinfoil and let rest 30 minutes
- Shred / slice lamb and serve atop beans