Just something I came up with because I had some ground lamb to use up and I wanted olives and feta. Turned out very tasty and would have made an awesome burger if we’d had any buns!
- 2 c mixed pitted olives I used kalamata, jumbo green, and garlic stuffed
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 tbsp capers
- 2 solo garlics chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh rough chopped basil
- 1 tbsp fresh rough chopped oregano
- 2 roasted red peppers
- Slightly less than 1/4 c olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients, except the oil, in a food processor.
- Drizzle oil in and whiz to incorporate
Feta Garlic Sauce
- 1/4 c sour cream
- 1/4 c mayo
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 solo garlic chopped fine
- Mix all ingredients and place in fridge to set.
Tapenade Stuffed Burgers
- 1 500 g package of ground lamb
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 small onion chopped fine
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 egg
- Mix all ingredients, except tapenade, and place in fridge for about 1/2 hour.
- Remove from fridge and divide into 4 equal portions.
- Divide each portion in half and form 2 flat patties.
- On one patty place 1 tbsp tapenade.
- Place other patty on top and pinch closed, making sure its sealed all around.
- Pat flat and then press a small indent into the middle.
- Place on wax paper and set in freezer for 5 minutes or while the bbq heats up.
- BBQ for about 5-6 minutes a side.
- Remove from bbq, top with thinly sliced red onion, and the feta garlic sauce.
If you like this recipe, please share!
TAPENADE STUFFED LAMB BURGERS