There are a couple places here that serve a chipotle lime dressing on their salads. Its one of my favourites. Then last weekend we went to a taco place and had a salad that was so good I had to give a try at duplicating it. Tonight I think I got it down pretty well. I used a mix of the broccoli slaw thats available and crunchy green lettuce, which I found (at the taco place) had great texture. I made a batch of chipotle lime dressing and think the flavour is pretty much dead on with my favourite salad place. Though mine seemed a bit spicier.
I tossed in half of an avocado, diced. Topped it with some shredded cheese, a scoop of fresh made pico de gallo, some taco beef (shrimp would have been yummy too!), a dollop of sour cream, and a sprinkle of tajin.
Below are the recipes for the dressing and for the pico de gallo.
Pico de Gallo
- 1 container of cherry or grape tomatoes chopped and deseeded
- 1/2 small onion chopped fine
- 1/2 jalapeno chopped fine
- Juice of 1 1/2 limes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 small bunch cilantro chopped fine
- S&P to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and set in refrigerator until needed