I had quite a few citrus fruits left over from making jam and cooking fish. The Hubby and I enjoy a good bourbon cocktail and I asked him to pick out a recipe that would use up the fruit. He chose Sweet Bourbon Tea.
It tastes like a delicious iced cup of bourbon heaven. I feel like I should be sitting on a porch somewhere down South, maybe next to a beach watching the water. Sweet Bourbon Tea is very tasty, a great refreshing drink on a hot summer night.
Sweet Bourbon Tea
- 3 black teabags
- 3 cups hot water
- Sugar or Splenda
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1 lemon (cut into slices)
- 1 orange (cut into slices)
- 1 lime juice (cut into slices)
- 4 drops classic bitters
- Add the sugar (to taste) and the teabags to a large glass jug. Steep the teabags for 5 minutes.
- Add the slices of fruit and bourbon and chill before serving.