I think I’ve mentioned before how much I love chicken wings. So, in case you weren’t aware, I LOVE chicken wings. Crispy chicken wings (not drumettes mind you, the wings.) So after hitting a few sites, I found the trick in getting them. Baking powder! Note… big flashing note, you cannot substitute baking soda/bicarbonate soda. It has to be baking powder. If you want super crispy chicken wings, it only takes 2 tablespoons for 2 pounds of wings.
I did over bake them a bit – on purpose – as both the hubby and myself like chicken wings that have the blazes cooked out of them. Don’t worry, we don’t do that to our steaks!
Super Crispy Chicken Wings
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Make sure the chicken wings are defrosted and patted dry. I like to put a layer on a paper towel covered plate, then cover with paper towel, another layer of wings, cover with paper towel.
- Put the chicken wings in a plastic bag, then add the baking powder and salt and pepper. Toss and massage to coat.
- Foil line a cookie sheet then place a PAM sprayed rack on top.
- Place the wings on the rack and bake for 25 minutes, remove and flip over. Bake for another 25 minutes.
- If you like that little bit extra crispy, turn the oven to 425°F and bake for an additional 10 minutes, flipping over after 5 minutes.