So tonight I wanted to use up yet more of the pork loin that I picked up last week. I pulled pork chops out of the freezer and let those defrost. I wanted the mushroom gravy to go with them again, but also wanted to kick the chops themselves up a notch. So I decided to stuff them.
- 7 pieces of prosciutto salami chopped small1/2 white onion, chopped small
- 1 leek chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano lightly chopped
- S&P to taste
- Slices of tomato and olive gouda cheese
- Mix the above into a bowl
- Cut a pocket into the porkchop
- Take a slice of the cheese and put in the pocket
- Take a portion of the stuffing and cram into pocket
- Toothpick closed
- At this point, I just dusted with my favourite rub and seared off in a pan, placed pocket up in a casserole dish and poured my homemade mushroom gravy over.
- Put on the cover, pop into an oven at 350F and bake for 1 hr