Whenever we carve pumpkins, I love to make roasted pumpkin seeds! There are unlimited choices for seasoning and they make for a salty, crunchy, and a perfect snack while watching a Halloween movie.
I have found the green seeds from heritage pumpkins are the most tasty! They puff up and not only have a better texture, but a better taste than the standard white seeds.
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Olive Oil
- Seasonings of choice
- Thoroughly rinse the pumpkin seeds in water, until all the pumpkin strands have been removed.
- Spread on a teatowel and let dry.
- Line a cookie sheet with tinfoil and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the seeds in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil to lightly coat.
- Sprinkle with your seasonings of choice (I like salt, some garlic powder, Mrs. Dash, salt, and some of my all purpose rub)
- Spread on the cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes, then give the seeds a toss to turn over.
- Bake for another 15 minutes, then let cool.