These are some of the best, non-smoked, ribs we’ve had. So tender and so tasty. I’ve gotten rave reviews whenever I’ve made them for family or friends, and even used for catering at a birthday party.
Ribs Braised in BBQ Sauce
- Approx 3 lbs of pork back ribs or country style ribs
- BBQ Sauce
- Dark Beer
- Dry rub
- Apply rub to both sides of ribs, wrap in tinfoil, and place in fridge for the day or overnight.
- Unwrap and place ribs in a 9 x 13 aluminum disposable pan
- Cover with 2-3 c bbq sauce
- Add half a bottle of beer (or whatever it takes to just cover the meat)
- Mix a bit, turning and mixing with meat
- Cover with tinfoil
- Place on bbq (direct heat) on low-medium heat, leave for 2 hours
- Remove, gently, from sauce and place on hot bbq, a minute or two a side to grill up
- Place back on plate, pour braising sauce over top (can thicken by bringing to a boil and letting reduce)
- Hand napkins to everyone and serve!