I saw these on Food52 and thought I’d give them a try. Jalapenos can be tasty, but I find a pickled jalapeno definitely has a less harsh bite to them. Since I had planned to make nachos one night, I made a jar.
They are very tasty. For only having a few additions and no pickling spices, the jalapenos still had a nice “pickle” taste, lost their super hot edge, and still stayed a crisp green.
- 1 c apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbs sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a small saucepan, heat the vinegar and add the sugar and salt.
- Stir to mix and once the sugar has dissolved, remove from heat.
- Remove the tops from the jalapenos, then slice into rings.
- I sliced up around 4 and put into a clean pickling jar, added the liquid, then kept adding sliced jalapenos until the jar was full, yet they were still covered in the vinegar.
- Put on the lid and put in refrigerator for at least 24 hours.