I did up a tiki themed bbq today, with things like al pastor pulled pork and punch with rum, pineapple vodka, and mango juice. I wanted something to use up the last of the pineapple so did up a quick pineapple salsa. It was awesome! I was surprised that it wasn’t as sweet as I thought it would be. Being pineapple and all.
It paired so well with the chilies, it was fresh tasting, and provided an excellent accompaniment to the pulled pork. One fellow just ate it as a salad.
As it was one of those dishes thrown together with leftover items, I am guessing on the amounts of the ingredients. I will be making this again, as I really enjoyed it, so will take down proper measurements then.
- 1 heaping cup of small chopped pineapple
- 1/2 onion chopped small
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 serano chilies chopped fine
- 1 small bunch cilantro chopped
- S&P to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, and set in fridge for an hour or two before serving