These peanut butter squares are the Hubby’s favorite square. They are smooth and creamy and have become one of my favorites too. The Rocky Road version is nothing to sneeze at either.
These squares are not only super yummy, but very quick to make, making them the perfect treat to whip up during the busy holidays.
Peanut Butter Squares
- 1/2 c butter
- 1 c peanut butter
- 1 300g bag butterscotch chips
- 3 c mini marshmallows
- Melt butter in a saucepan, add peanut butter and butterscotch chips and melt together.
- Now comes the hard part - LEAVE IT TO COOL. At least 15 minutes! Until the bottom of the pan is cool!
- Once cooled, pour over marshmallows.
- Once everything is coated and mixed, transfer it to a greased 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish and refrigerate.
- Cut into small squares and put in freezer to keep.
Substitute chocolate chips for the butterscotch chips.
When adding cooled mix to the marshmallows, I added crushed pecans (about 300gm or so).