I had a few bricks of creamcheese to use up and although I used up half a pack on some broccoli soup, I still had a couple bricks to go. So I whipped up lime cheesecake cups. You can kick them up a notch and use a low carb crust in the bottom of the cups, sprinkle nuts on top, all up to you. I decided to treat it more as a light mousse-like dessert.
Although they are mainly lime cheesecake cups, I did add a bit of lemon juice upon the hubby’s request for the addition of that flavour. These would make wonderful summertime desserts. Or anytime you wanted something a bit tart, a bit sweet, fluffy, and a great end to a meal.
Not the best shot, but will do as a filler until I take a better one. 😉
Lime Cheesecake Cups
- 1 lime zested
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup whipping cream additional if you would like to top with whipping cream
- Whip the cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add the zest, vanilla, juice of half a lime (about 1 tablespoon), and the lemon juice and combine until smooth and fluffy again.
- Add about 1 teaspoon of Splenda, mixing in.
- In a separate small bowl, whip the whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks (lightly sweeten with Splenda and a dash of vanilla).
- Fold into the cream cheese until mixed well.
- Taste for desired sweetness, folding in more Splenda if required.
- Separate into 2 cups and set in fridge to chill.
- Serve as desired, topped with whipping cream, nuts, etc.