This batch of lemon curd was intended to be filling madeleines, but I found that there wasn’t enough being injected into the cookie. As a filling for a cupcake or spread on a piece of toast, it would be stellar. I also found just a scoop on a spoon worked just fine.
Tart and sweet, packed with fresh squeezed lemon flavour, it’s a scoop of dreamy sunshine.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice 120 ml
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar 114 grams
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter 28 grams
- Warm the lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan over medium-low heat, until the sugar dissolves.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and egg yolks together until pale in color.
- Slowly stream in the warm lemon juice from the saucepan, pouring the juice in one tablespoon at a time, whisking well after each addition.
- Pour the entire mixture back into the saucepan and whisk over low heat until the mixture turns thick and pudding-like.
- Move the saucepan off the stove and stir in the unsalted butter.
- Transfer the lemon curd to a medium bowl and cover with a sheet of plastic wrap, placing the plastic wrap directly onto the lemon curd.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
The lemon curd can be stored in an airtight container, in the fridge, for up to 1 week. Adapted from Mon Petit Four