The spicy chickpea salad you can get at Indian buffets is one of my favourites (along with the spicy tomato onion one) and makes for a nice fresh tasting salad. It does have a kick, but combined with the tart tang of the citrus and chana chat make it addicting.
Indian Chickpea Salad
- 1 can of chickpeas medium sized can
- 1/2 red onion chopped small
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cilantro minced
- 1/2 fresh hot green chili minced
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp of chana masala chat powder
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and let sit at least a half hour before serving.