I had picked up a couple of avacadoes the other day and was trying to think of a way to serve them that the Hubby would like. He doesn’t mind them, but they aren’t his favourite.
So what better way than covering in a sausage salsa, melted cheese, and a creamy soft egg.
- 2 chorizo sausage
- 1/2 white onion chopped small
- 2 roma tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- S&P to taste
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Grill the sausage until cooked through. Set aside to cool a bit.
- Mix the other ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut the sausage into small pieces and add to the mix.
Grilled Avacado with Egg and Mozzarella
- 1 avacado
- Multi-purpose dry rub
- 2 eggs
- Slices of fresh soft mozzarella cheese
- Bacon fat
Prep the avacado by
- Slicing avacado in half and removing pit.
- Slice just a small slice off each end.
- Cut each half into a "steak" (two pieces will have holes and two will be the outside edges). KEEP THE SKIN ON.
- Sprinkle with the dry rub and salt.
- Melt bacon fat onto a griddle or in a frying pan (I used a griddle for the space).
- Place the slices of avacado into the fat and let fry for a minute or so, then flip over.
- Gently place an egg into each of the slices with the hole.
- Let fry until the whites begin to solidify.
- At this time, I placed a slice of mozza on the griddle as well to start it softening and melting.
- Gently flip the avacado slices and let the whites finish cooking, placing the melted mozza on top.
- Remove from the griddle and place on a plate.
- Remove the skin, top with the chorizo salsa and serve!