I saw this idea in a magazine I picked up at a liquor store. I was all excited to try this new recipe, then started reading it and it wanted me to cook the artichokes, and the sauce, well frankly sounded horrid. So I used seasoned artichoke hearts and took their idea of, what sounded like, a cold oily lemon caper sauce and made a warm lemon caper cream sauce.
Grilled Artichoke Hearts with Lemon Caper Cream Sauce
- 2 cans artichoke hearts
- Vegeta seasoning salt
- Lemon Pepper
- Flavoured olive oil
- Garlic powder
- 2 tbsp butter
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tbsp capers
- S&P to taste
- Drain the artichokes and pat / squeeze dry with a bit of paper towel.
- Toss them lightly in olive oil, seasoning with the vegeta, lemon pepper, and garlic powder.
- Grill on bbq or griddle for just a couple minutes a side and warmed through
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pan.
- Add the capers, lemon juice, and dijon mustard and whisk to blend.
- Add the cream and whisk to mix, let simmer until it begins to thicken, whisking occasionally.