I like gingerbread. I don’t even mind the odd gingersnap. And gingerbread men look adorable. But making gingerbread men? Thats another story. So to get that gingerbread man taste in a moist delicious cupcake is the next best thing. I paired them with the rum butter cream cheese icing, that you can find here.
- 8 tablespoons 1 stick/ 1/2 c salted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 c packed dark-brown sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature, slightly beaten
- 1 c molasses
- 2 tsp baking soda dissolved in 1/4 c boiling water
- 3/4 c eggnog
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Cream the butter in a mixer until light.
- Beat in the brown sugar until fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Beat in the molasses until blended
- Add the baking soda/water mixture and mix
- Beat in the eggs
- In a bowl, sift together flour, spices, and baking powder
- Add the flour mixture in batches, alternating and ending with the eggnog
- Bake at 350F for 9-14 minutes for mini cupcakes and 15-25 for regular sized cupcakes. Made 60 mini cupcakes. **