I’m not a huge egg fan. I like eggs IN things (topping a burger, in cakes, etc.) and I don’t mind a platter of bacon and sunny-side eggs with toast. Omelets and scrambled eggs are probably my least favourite style of eggs. But I was craving a mix of sundried tomatoes, feta and spinach and this frittata came out wonderfully. Pouring into an already hot pan gave it a nice crisp up, too.
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup half n' half
- 1/4 cup grated white cheddar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Fresh ground pepper
- 4 strips bacon chopped small
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1/4 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 4 green onions chopped
- Cheddar for grating on top
- In a bowl, whisk eggs until blended.
- Add the half n' half and whisk until blended.
- Add the grated cheddar and dried oregano, S&P to taste, and stir to mix.
- In an oven safe frying pan, render the bacon until just crispy. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the garlic paste and give a quick stir to blend with the bacon fat.
- Add the spinach and toss quickly to coat. Once the leaves have wilted, add the eggs mix and give another stir to mix.
- Sprinkle in the bacon, sun dried tomatoes, and feta.
- Top with a light grating of cheddar.
- Bake at 400F for 25-30 minutes until the eggs are cooked.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, sprinkle with fresh basil, before cutting.