I forgot to post this recipe for low carb english muffins, that I came across a couple weekends ago. Not only was it quick and easy to whip up, toast and use, but tasted good too. Once it was toasted, it had that fluffy inside, crispy outside texture. It made for a perfect low carb egg and sausage muffin!
I used a flat bottomed soup mug for nuking the ingredients in and it worked perfectly. Once they’ve been popped out of the mug, just let them cool for a minute, then cut in half and trim if needed.
Definitely toast them as it adds the final touch in texture.
Low Carb English Muffins
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee, or coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Melt ghee (or butter) in a microwave safe ramekin or other container, about 4" in diameter with a flat bottom. This takes about 30 seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well combined. Let sit for a minute to allow the mixture to thicken.
- Microwave for about 90 seconds, until firm.
- Run a knife along the edge and flip over a plate to release.
- Slice in half, trimming off excess, then toast in the toaster.