I love deviled eggs… actually it may be more of an addiction. Somewhere on the level of my love of chicken wings. I’ve had a few varieties of deviled eggs, but I like the classic style best. Feel free to add flavour profiles that you like, make it your own classic! A dash of hot sauce, or a package of boursin cheese (which tastes fantastic, but I can’t have anymore due to lactose intolerance), chilies, and more!
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika plus extra for sprinkling
- 6 eggs
- Bring a medium sized pot, filled 3/4 full of water with a splash of white vinegar, to a boil. One at a time, use a spoon to lower an egg into the water, holding for about 10 seconds, then gently let go. Set a timer for 10 minutes.
- Any eggs that immediately float, remove and toss!
- Once the eggs are boiled, remove from the pot and let cold water run overtop.
- Once cooled, peel and cut the egg in half, placing the yokes in a small bowl.
- Add all ingredients with the exception of the chives to the small bowl and mash together.
- Place in the corner of a ziploc bag, twisting the bag to force the filling to the very corner. Snip a hole in the corner and pipe into each egg white half.
- Sprinkle with a dash of smoked paprika and chopped chives.