Being as its Easter, I wanted to make a special something for the Hubby. That wouldn’t ruin our low-carb kick. So decided to make a chocolate pudding, cream cheese, pie. With an almond crust that had been kicked up a notch. As Hubby is still all about the coconut flavour (and as always, chocolate), I added both to the crust and made: Low Carb Toasted Coconut Almond Crust.
Chocolate Cream Cheese Pudding Pie
- 1 pkg 8 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup whip cream with 1/4 cup cold water
- Chocolate sugar free syrup
- 1 teaspoon of dark cocoa powder
- 1 pkg sugar free chocolate instant pudding
- 1 cup whip cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Stevia
- Beat the cream cheese until fluffy and smooth add 1/2 cup of the cream/water mix and beat until smooth. Add cocoa powder and sugar free syrup.
- In a small bowl, mix the pudding and remaining 1/2 cup of cream/water mix. Add to cream cheese mix and beat until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and Stevia to the reamining whip cream, and whip until firm peaks form, then fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour into pie shell (completely cooled if you made one!), smooth out with a cake spatula, and put in fridge for a few hours to set.
- Top with 1 cup of whipping cream that has been whipped and sweetened with a teaspoon of Stevia and a dash of vanilla. Sprinkled with dark chocolate shavings and toasted coconut.