Another transfer over from my old site. I made some bread pudding today and it reminded me of the Pumpkin Bread Pudding I made last November, which then reminded me of this pumpkin shaped cake. Filled and drizzled with caramel, recipe HERE.
Caramel Walnut Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake
- 4 c flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 c 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 c brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 c buttermilk
- 1 1/2 c canned pumpkin puree seasoned with cinnamon, ginger, cloves
- Baking Pam spray a bundt pan.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Set aside.
- Beat butter and brown sugar together in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, on medium speed until pale and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down sides of bowl.
- Alternate flour mix and buttermilk, ending with buttermilk.
- Beat until just combined.
- Add pumpkin puree, and beat until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350°C until golden and a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, about 55-60 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack.