These squares of smooth creamy heaven are the hubby’s favourite holiday treat and have become one of mine. The Rocky Road version is nothing to sneeze at either. ;D Super yummy and easy to make, its perfect to make during the busy holidays.
Peanut Butter Squares
- 1/2 c butter
- 1 c peanut butter
- 1 300g bag butterscotch chips
- 3 c mini marshmallows
- Melt butter in a saucepan, add peanut butter and butterscotch chips and melt together.
- Now comes the hard part - LEAVE IT TO COOL. At least 15 minutes! Until the bottom of the pan is cool!
- Once cooled, pour over marshmallows.
- Once everything is coated and mixed, transfer it to a greased 11×13 baking dish and refrigerate.
- Cut into small squares and put in freezer to keep.
Substitute chocolate chips for the butterscotch chips.
When adding cooled mix to the marshmallows, I added crushed pecans (about 300gm or so).